Saturday, December 22, 2012

Remove CD from PLAYSTATION 3 without taking apart

So, I had my first heart attack of my life today.....I find out that my Playstation 3 is making noise and a weird whirring sound. Usually whirring sounds are never good no matter what machine, tool, equipment or electronic device is doing it.  I decide that my 2 almost 3 year old has maybe stuck more than 1 dvd disc into it. I get a tip off since there are 2-3 dvds missing from the cases and are nowhere to be found.  Now I am mad and sad at the same time. I am remembering the good old days of being able to use my original 60GB Launch Playstation 3 in any way I wanted to and not have any problems. I am thinking that even if I get the DVD's out that the Blu Ray player drive will be broken and not work anymore.

So I look on youtube on how to take the PS3 apart and get those discs out of there. But soon find out that that might not be an option.  I finally find a forum that gives me the answer! I try the solution and wall! It works and I am able to remove the discs with no damage to the system or to the discs. There are light scratchs on the DVD's but they still work.

If this happens to you, just tip the PS3 on its nose or the front where the drive bay is. Just put the PS3 on the edge of a table or entertainment center. With the power on, play with the eject button and or power button to see if any discs will pop out and have a tweezer ready in case you need to squeeze them quick.



I didn't have to use the tweezer, but when I hit the eject button, 2 discs popped out back to back and then it sounded like another. Yep, 1 more disc was in there. The original dvd that was in there 1 day ago. So my almost 3 year old wanted to watch a mashup of Toy Story, Cars, and Cars 2 all at the same time.  He was confused as to why they didn't play when he put them in! This is all while he is standing on a chair he took from the kitchen to reach up on the entertainment center to reach the PS3 game system.

So now I have the Playstation 3 sitting on a shelf even higher and I didn't have to modify any cords in the process.  So hopefully this helps you like it did me and you won't have perform major surgery! Oh ya and you can still play Call of Duty like the old days too!



The original forum where I found out a lot of people have this problem and their solutions is here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/disc-stuck-in-PS3-SOLUTION/td-p/16345598/highlight/false




Get smarter every day!

I'll See you later!

TheRykerDane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a Comment!