Sunday, November 4, 2012

HOW TO DETHATCH YOUR LAWN JOHN DEERE DE THATCHER RAKE FOR GRASS

Hey everyone! Check out what you need to do this fall, its very important!


De thatching your lawn is a great way to pull out all the dead grass, clippings, debris and other junk that has accumulated in your lawn throughout the mowing season. This is also a very good grass and soil conditioner and lawn aerator.

I am using a John Deere Dethatcher rake that I am using on with my 1987 John Deere 185 Hydro.  it has a 17 HP Kawasaki engine in it. So this lawnmower has plenty of power to push this rake around.  You need to have a riding lawn mower that has enough power to  be able to push tines through your lawn and not get stuck or hung up on the roots. Otherwise it will take all day to do.

After using this John Deere De thatcher, you will want to Fertilize, seed, or throw out some lime to keep the grass healthy and grow stronger.  This is something you need to do every year or every other year if your lawn is in good condition.

There are other dethatchers out there that pull out the thatch in your lawn and some work better than others.  This specific one just happens to work for my lawnmower.  You might even have a better one than this. Let me know what kind you have.


Watch my other videos for other cool topics!









Thanks for reading and watching and make sure you subscribe! Thanks!

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRykerDane
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheRykerDane
Instagram: therykerdane


I'll See you later!

TheRykerDane

3 comments:

  1. Very nice post.really I apperciate your blog.Thanks for sharing.keep sharing more blogs, its beneficial for me...Keep sharing more maxiglobalreview

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graceful written content on this blog is really useful for everyone same as I got to know. Difficult to locate relevant and useful informative blog as I found this one to get more knowledge but this is really a nice one. triglobalreview

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing blog. This post is looking interesting. Thanks for sharing this with us dragonglobalreview

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a Comment!